a dose of sea


I took a long run from town to the beach this morning. I've stopped running outside with headphones on, I realized I love nothing more than hearing my feet pound the pavement, to hear myself breathing in the fresh air. A treadmill requires Beyonce, Drake, and other mind-numbing tunes. But not outside, I have this need to just take it all in. It makes arriving to your destination that much more ahh-inducing. So when I finally arrived on foot to the beach, I was panting like an old dog, sweat dripping from every pore. The shore was empty, the water was glittering like dancing angels across the surface and my bones told me to just go. As my face hit the water, everything left my mind. Freedom from the thoughts. 
And all went right with the universe again. A moment to give thanks, to my body for staying strong, to my mind for clearing it all out and to the world, for everything surrounding me.

Always so thankful.