These days...

When Luca was a tiny babe, I'd take him out in the stroller the moment he woke up. Partly because I didn't want to wake his dad, and partly because I always wanted him to see the world. As summertime rolled around and we woke in shelter island, I'd put him in the car and drive to secret beach spots and lookout points. I'd look back to him in his car seat and see this wide eyed boy taking in the world with such curiosity. My heart would swell.

Yesterday, as I drove him to camp in the country, I saw that same sleepy eyed, fascinated boy, bigger, wiser, more excited about life than ever before. His passion, although weakened by summer exhaustion, so energizing for me.



These days just get better and better. The fortune and gratitude I feel is beyond comprehension.



Luca, my lovely, thank you from deep within my being. You're pure light.